Deepavali is also known as Diwali “FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS”. As you Know India is know as diversity city every religion was living and their festival also celebrated with happiness. So without any delay lets start today topic. Here we will discuss about “Diwali celebration, What is the story behind diwali/dipawali/deepawali celebration, Diwali wishes,diwali 2020.
Dipawali 2020 date
|Dipawali||Saturday , 14th November|
History of Deepavali celebration/Why Diwali is celebrated?
Well Diwali is a festival of lights,happiness.It is believed that “Victory of light over darkness” good over evil. This festival is also associated with Goodess Laxmi of prosperioty and wealth.Diwali is continue for five long days which is celebrated by Hindu,Sikhism,Bengali.
Well the meaning of deepawali is “row of series of light” well dipa is derived from Sanskrit word means lamp,light,candle which glows illuminate or knowledge and avali means a row,range,series or continuous line. One famous tradation is link that Krishma killed Naraksura .Well day before Diwali is remembered as Naraka Chaturdasi,The day on which Narakshura was killed by Krishna.
Another significance is associated with this festival was that Laksmi which is known as the Goddess of health and Wealth and Wife of Vishnu. According Hindu Mythology Goddess Lakshmi was born from Samudra manthan,the churning of the ocean of milk by the Devas and Asuras. Well Diwali night is also known when Goddess Lakshmi choose Vishnu to be wed.
Hindu Mythology behind Deepawali celebration
According to Hindu Mythology Jainism celebrated Diwali as “Mahavira Nirvana Diwas”.Physical death and final nirvana of Mahavira.Well Jain Diwali is celebrated as many parts of India like an celebrated as Hindu festival like lighting of lamps and offers pray to Goddess Lakshmi.
It is believe that practicing of lighting the lamp first began on the day of Mahavira nirvana in 527 BCE. Traditional also belief that the Origin Of Diwali to Jain.
Sikhism Diwali celebration
Well Sikhs celebrated Diwali as Bandi Chhor Divas which was release of Guru Hargobind from the Gwalior Fort which was prison by the Mughal Emperor, Jahangir the day which he arrived in Golden Temple Amritsar.
Buddhism Diwali celebration
Well in Buddhism Diwali is celebrated as offering prayer to Goddess Lakshmi.
- Dhanteras:- Meaning of Dhan is wealth and teras was thirteen marks the thirteen day of the fornight of Kartik and beginning of Diwali.In this its a rituals of shopping of Gold or new utensils.Even on this day Hindu lit a lamps,diyas and clean the home and offices and start cleaning of House.
- Narakha Chhaturdasi, Chhothi Diwali:-This is celebrated in second day the term chhothi means liitle and Narakha means hell. It is celebrated winning from evil Nakashura by Krishna released 16000 princess from evil one. Its also day to buy a festive foods ,sweets.This day also mark an visiting an friends home,relatives, business association for exchanging goods.
- Well this day celebrated as Diwali in state of Tamil Nadu,Goa, Karnataka.Marathi and South Indian People on this day receive a oil massage from elders and take bath before sunrise and then visit to temple.
- Lakshmi Pujan:- Celebrated as last dark night of lunar month.In this all Hindu,Sikhs,Jain light a lamps,Diyas. Well the meaning of deewali is derived from Sanskrit word which means an Indian Langhtern/Lamp.Even in this business owner give bonus to their employes. At evening womens and teenages wore a sari make a rangoli infront of the home lit a candles,diyas then start puja with all family members after puja burn a crackers and then share family feat mithai.
Diwali Songs collections/Deepawali songs download
In Bengal it is usually celebrated as focus on Kali.
- Annakaut (Govardan Puja):- This day is celebrated after Diwali as bright fortnight of lunar solar calendar.This day is associated with story of Bali in which Bali defeat at the hands of Vishnu.
- Another story with this that in this day Parvati and his husband Shiva played a game Dyuta(Dice) on a board of twelve squares and thirty pieces in which parvati wins and Shiva surrenders his shirt and adornments to her,rendering him naked.
Well this festival is celebrated as bond of husband and wife.In some religion where husbands give gifts to his wife. In Hindu families parents called a newly wed daughter with her spouses to a festive meal along with that its also give a gifts also.
- Bhai Dhuj:- This day is celebrated as last day.it is celebrated as brother-sister bond. well the history is about that Yama sisters welcoming yama with a tilaka is that arrival of Krishna his sister Subhdra welcome him tilak on his forehead.
Air pollution after Diwali celebration
- Air Pollution:- Well burning the crackers its causes a air pollution on large scale which prone to more asthma,lung diseases also.
Conclusion:- Well festival is to celebrated with near one. But one thing remember always celebrated with your protective gear.