Hi!Everyone Today I’m here to discuss some interesting facts about India. So without any delay lets start our today topic.Well the name “India is derived from the river Indus it is believed that it is the valley where earlier peoples also settled there.Lets discuss about “41+ Interesting Facts About India|Insights on India”.
Interesting Facts About India
- India First President took only 50% salary:- When Dr. Rajendera Prasad was appointed as first president of our country India he was took only 50% of salary by saying that he is not require to much.
- India also known as the World’s largest Democracy.
- Spa For Elephants-Many of us get shocked that there was a Spa only for Elephant where Elephant Receive bath and even get bathed situated at the Punnathor Cotta Elephant Yard Rejuvenation Center in Kerala.
- Largest Vegetarian:- There are largest vegetarian peoples survive in India because of religious places around 20%to 40% of peoples are vegetarian.
- First Country to Consume Sugar:- India was the first country to develop the technique of purifying the sugar.Even many of the visitors from abroad learnt the cultivation of sugar.
- Diamond was first mined in India:-In research it found that it was only found in alluvial deposits in Guntur and Krishna District of the Krishna River.
Read Also :- Interesting facts about Germany
- Snake&Ladder:- Even the Snake ladder is originated in India.Earlier Snake&Ladder known as the Moksha Patamu.Well this game is invented a moral lesson which known as the Karma.Now its become the most popular board game in the world.
- World’s Second largest English Speaking:- India listed one of the Second World’s largest English speaking peoples living in the country.Around 125 million peoples peaking a language.
- Science Day in Switzerland which is dedicated to Ex president Abdul Kalam Ji:-Even most of us unaware about that he had visited Switzerland in 2006 upon his arrival Switzerland Declared May 26 as a Science Day.
- Water On Moon:-Even Water on Moon was discovered by the India. In September 2009,by ISRO Chandrayan-1 using its moon mineralogy.
- Discovered The Shampoo:- Even the concept of shampoo was first discovered in India.The word “Shampoo” was derived from the Sanskrit word champu,which mean to massage.
- Wettest inhabited in the World:- Cheerapunji is a part of Meghalaya holds the record of the most rainfall in the year 1861.
- A floating Post office:-Well if you aware about this that India has the largest postal work in the world about 1,55,015 post offices.Apart of this there are floating post office in Dal lake ,Srinagar which was inaugurated in 2011.
- Shani Shingapur Village in Maharashtra establishment without doors and locks.They believe that lord Shani protects their village but its wonder in rainy season how the protects ourself.
- Officer’s Village:- A small village Jaunpur in the Uttar pradesh has created a history by producing most of the civil servants. Apart of civil services they join ISRO,World Bank I think we visit this village and ask study strategy.
- World Largest Ground:– A World largest cricket ground situated in above the sea level in Chail,Himachal Pradesh and also recorded by the Genesis Book.
- World’s Highest Rail Bridge:- The Arch shaped Chenabh Bridge in Jammu and Kahmir is the world’s tallest rail bridge about 1,178 feet over the river chenabh.
- The Temples of Rat:- Karni temple in Rajasthan is home to the rats. Which pilgrim believe their ancestors and work shipped daily.
- The Skeleton Lake:-Known as the mystery lake or the skeleton lake which was situated in Roopkund,Uttarakhand is famous for famous human skeleton found at the bottom of the lake or surrounding areas.
- Hospital Train:- I know many of us shocked by reading but its true that the Lifeline Express a.k.a. the jeevan Rekha Express is the world’s first hospital train to taking it services of surgery to cancer in remote villages.
- Chess was invented in India.
- Tea is most favorite beverage and also second largest producer of tea.
- Only one time zone across the India.
- Lowest Divorce:- In Research its found that India have a less Divorce.
- Bouncer Village:- There is also bouncer village in India which also denoted with the “Strongest Village” situated at the Asola-Fatehpur Beri in Delhi have the most numbers of bouncers in the world.Well more than 90% of Men from this village provided for protection at the bars and the night club in the New Delhi.
- India Give Shelter:- Even India gives shelter to the refugees who come from Bhutan,Tibet,Sri-Lanka,Afghanistan and Bangladesh which came from escaping from religious or political reasons.This prove that India has a big heart.
Nick-Name of India’s Cities |City of India
- New Delhi:- City of Rallies.
- Mumbai:- Maya Nagri,City of Dream,Gateway of India,hollywood of India,Finical Capital of India,City of Seven Islands.
- Chennai:- Gateway of South India,Auto Hub of India,Detroit of Asia,Health Capital of India.
- Nagpur:- Orange City.
- Kolkata:- City of Palaces,City of Joy,Heaven of the Aged,Cultural Capital of India,Gateway of Eastern India.
- Hyderabad:-City of Pearls,City of Nizams,World Capital Of Biryani,HITECH City.
Tourist Places in India
- Manali:- It is ideal for visited with families and also ideal for Honeymooners to experience the cool mountain air and taste of snow also.
- Shimla:- Known as the Capital of Himachal Pradesh and famou among the tourist.It is also known as the Summer Capital of British India.
- Dharamsala:- It is also ranked good in terms of tourist attraction.It is also home to Dalai Lama.Sighteeing attraction’ like:- Kangara Museaum,Kangara Fort,Dal Lake,Masrur etc.
- Bir:- Bir is Known a the tiny mountain hamlet in Northern Himachal Pradesh.
- Kashmir:- Kashmir is known as the most beautiful city.This is known as the Heaven on Earth.The Dal Lake,The Shalimar Garden,Gulmarg,and Shikara is themost attactions place.
- Ladakh:- No Doubt Ladakh is the most beautiful city.Its capital was leh.It is well balanced Traditionally society.It is an amazing to tour in Ladakh with yours motorbike.
- Rishikesh:- It lie in lower Himalayas.There are many tourists attraction like Laxman Jhula,Triveni Ghat,Haridwar,Shivpuri etc.
- Dehradhun:- Dehradhun is known as the capital of Uttarakhand and many tourist attraction among the visitors.
- Bharatpur:- Bharatpur is known as the bird century in India.
- Grass Island:-It i one of the tourist adventure place in Goa.
- North Goa:- North Goa i denoted with many Beaches.
- South Goa.
- Mount Abu.
- Taj Mahal.
Apart of these there are some Indian Cuisines also which you must try.
- Maasala Chai
- Chhole Bhathure
- Bharwa Bhindi
- Panipuri/Gol gappe
- Aloo Parantha.
- Gond Ki Bharfi
- Coconut Crab Curry.
- Hydrabadi Biryani.
- Coconut Barfi.
- Gajar ka Halwa.
- Kaju Katli.
- Rogan Josh.
- Masala Dosa.
- Gatte Saag.
- Lucknowi Biryani.
- Hydrebadi Biryani.
- Liiti Choka
- Chicken tikka.
- Butter Chicken.
- Aam ka Achar.
- hari Chutney.
- Myore pak
- Shahi Paneer.
- Tabbakh Maaz.
Economy of India
Economy of India is known as the Developing economy and ranked world’s fifth largest economy.And also third largest purchasing power parity.In 2019 India largest Trading partners were China,USA,UAE,Iraq,Saudi Arabia,Singapore,Germany,South Korea and Switzerland.
2016 Big Change in India
On 9 November 2016,The Government of India is decided to demonetization of all Rs 500 and Rs 1,000 Notes. It is reason behind that Prime Minister Narendar Modi said that to reduce the illicit cast to fund terrorist and illegal activity.
Well there are some sites which are listed in UNESCO. let u check.
Some sites which are listed in UNESCO
- Elora Caves.
- Taj Mahal.
- Ajanta Caves.
- Fatthepur Sikhri.
- Darjelling Himalayan Railway.
- Kaziranga National Park.
- Nanda Devi National Park.
- Nanda Devi.
- Chittor Fort.
- Goa Velha.
- Kailasha Temple.
Sports of India | India’s Favorite sports
- Field hockey.
- Kho Kho.
- Gilli Danda.
- Kite Flying.
History of India
Well the history of India became from Indus Civilization which known as the Harrapan Civilation around 2,500 B.C.
It says that Chandragupta Maurya was the first ruler of Ancient India and also first to open Verteniary Hospital in Ancient India.
Now listed some greatest Emperor of India.
- Ajatasastru(512-461 BCE).
- Chandragupta Maurya(340-290 BCE).
- Ashoka(304-232 BCE).
- Samudragupta(315-380 BCE).
- Chalukya King(610-642).
- Raja Raja Chola(947-1014).
- Shivaji Bhonsle(1627-1680).
Portuguese : first European
Portuguese was the first European who discovered the Sea route in India. Vasco-Da-Gama reached Cailcut on Malabar Coast in 1498 AD.Even Portuguese was the first which established first fort Cochin in India.In history its also found that until the 18th century Portuguese governor the Goa authority.
Health Disorders in India
- Communicable Disease:-Communicable disease is one of the biggest problems in India.Communicable disease is categorized under like this
- Malaria:- Malaria is caused by the biting of the Mosquitoes.It can increased in Goa,Madhya Pradeh,Orisia in 2005.and reported 940 deaths occurs due to Malaria.
- ARI:-Full Form of ARI is Acute Respiratory Disease it cause one of the morality and morbidity in children’s below 5 years even death also occur due to this.
- AIDS:-This problem is increasing in India every Year. In research it found that its about 5-million HIV positive case recorded in India.
Nutrition Problem in India
- Well India faces Nutrition problems in abundant also.
- Low Birth Weight:- This problem is the major headache of developing country about 30%of baby born with low birth weight.
- Nutrition Blindness:-About 0.04% of blindness is recorded in India it cause because of Deficiency of Vitamin A.
- Iodine Disorder:- It seen in Sub-Himalayan region of India Goiter caused due to Iodine Deficiency.
CONCLUSION:- Well we take pledge to make our country more good and educated. I hope you like my today article on Interesting Facts About India.